And let us not neglect our meeting together… Hebrews 10:25
REASONS WE GATHER:
- to remember that the worship service doesn't begin at church on Sunday morning; it's every day and every where.
- to experience the counter-cultural truth – “it is better to give that to receive” (Acts 20:35).
- to “encourage one another daily…so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness” (Heb. 3:13).
- to remember that the universe, and our lives, do not center around us.
- to remember that HE is superior our fruitless joys + fleeting thrills.
- because when two or three gather is HIS name, HE is there is a special way.
- to spur one another on toward love and good deeds (Heb 10:24).
- to be reminded of what our KING wants - valiant devotion + courageous love.
- to center our lives on the transformational Gospel of Jesus the Messiah.
- to equip the saints for works of service and to "live sent" (Eph. 4:11).
- to see and experience God’s truth the way it was intended to be – i.e., in community.
- to be reminded that nothing is ever truly ours unless it is given away (C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity).
- to remember that we are God’s blood-bought and redeemed people, created for “good works” (Eph. 2:10).
Connect with Heath elsewhere: