This Wednesday night I’m sharing on “The God Who Creates” in our Wednesday night series on the attributes of God entitled, “The God Who Is.” (Here’s tonight handout sheet in case you missed it -The God Who Creates: Why, How, and When God Created the Universe?
Here are some resources (that I will later promise are on my blog) to help you better understand some of the latest musings and teachings regarding creation, science, age of the earth, life origin, and other cosmological considerations…
BioLogos is a great ministry and online resource for those questioning how the Christian Faith and Science work together. They provide many articles and video interviews that help us wrestle through the when’s and how’s of Creation and honestly engage the finding within the scientific community. Here’s a couple a very helpful articles worth our consideration:
- How was the Genesis creation story interpreted before Darwin?
- The Problem with Literalism: Introduction
- BioLogos Repsonds to Al Mohler’s Critique of BioLogos – this article is about Albert Mohler's recent critique of the BioLogos and his argument for “a direct reading of the text.” Dr. Mohler's speech, “Why Does the Cosmos Look So Old?” may be found here – another view of worthy consideration. Here’s a transcript of the speech here.
- Theistic Evolution, Intelligent Design and Creationism
- Was There a Historical Adam?
- A BEGINNER'S-AND EXPERT'S-GUIDE TO THE BIG BANG: SIFTING FACTS FROM FICTIONS
- THE BIG BANG - THE BIBLE TAUGHT IT FIRST!
Plus, be sure to check out Reason to Believe's podcast and audio page. Great stuff!
Also, the Veritas Forum has always proven helpful as “they explore true life” and publicly grapple with the cosmological, philopshical, sociological, and theological arenas.