“One Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church” – Unity for Mission

I’ve been blessed with a prerelease copy of John’s Armstrong’s forthcoming book entitled, “Your Church is Too Small.”  I believe it’s a timely piece and a message the church desperately needs to hear?  Based heavily on Christ’s prayer in John 17:20-21, “I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you” in Your Church Is Too Small, John Armstrong shows that Jesus’ vision of Christian unity is for all God’s people across social, cultural, racial, and denominational lines. Too often, these words of Jesus seem like an unreachable ideal.  But when the church becomes unified on the mission and message of Christ, unity within our diversity is not only achieved, but celebrated in the church functioning as one body.  This is what Armstrong calls “Missional Ecumenism.” 

More thoughts and blog postings to come as I read through the book.  Your Church Is Too Small is set to be released in April, but you can pre-order your copy today

 

Also, here’s a video blurb from John Armstrong on how the Apostle Creed calls for our unity and missional focus: